Lot-et-Garonne is the rural France you always hoped existed – medieval villages and sunflower fields, plum orchards, quiet roads and small farms in gently rolling countryside. The Lot-et-Garonne department, part of the Aquitaine region, is situated in south-west France. Our nearest village is medieval Villeréal with its colorful farmers’ market. Don’t forget the other bastide towns like Monflanquin and Monpazier, and the impressive castle of Chateau de Biron. The famous Dordogne-area, with its caves, castles and prehistoric sites, is right next door.
Land of prehistory and history. Land of emotions and the art of living. Castles, caves, fortified villages and medieval towns, classified villages, abbeys and monasteries, fortified churches. Gastronomy, vineyards.
(Bergerac, Pécharmant, Monbazillac).The valley of the Dordogne has been added as a reserve to the UNESCO programme of Man and Biosphere in 2012.
TO DO at Bassivière
At Bassivière we offer so many things to do you hardly have to leave the premises.
- Swim and relax at our pool.
- Have lunch (high season only), aperitif and dinner at our restaurant Bassiviere
- Follow Art workshops with the whole family (high season only) .
- Have a massage
- Participate in wine tastings.
- Visit our Art-exhibitions.
- Play in our adventurous little forest with swings and trampoline.
TO DO around Bassivière
But if you do want to leave the premises there is even more to discover.
- Play golf; You can find several 9- and 18 hole golf courses in near us.
- Visit one of the many cultural events organised throughout the summer.
- Visit the world famous grottos of Lascaux.
- Go canoeing on the Dordogne or the Lot.
- Go and play in jungle parc, Parc en Ciel
Would you like more information about Bassivière or availability? Use the contact form and we will respond within 24 hours.
Please contact us for more details.
WHERE WE ARE
You can fly direct to Bergerac from the UK, Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium. Bassivière is 30km south of Bergerac.
You can fly direct to Bordeaux from many more locations in Europe. Bassivière is 150km south east of Bordeaux and, subject to your route, you pass the vineyards of the world famous St Emilion.
Bassivière is 1100km from Utrecht.
ACCOMMODATION RENTAL INFORMATION
All beds are made, so you can start your holiday as soon as you arrive. First set of towels supplied.
Prices are based on 4 persons per apartment, we charge € 100 extra per additional guest per week (except No 4)
Renting outside of the high season possible for a minimum of 2 nights. Please contact us for prices.
The pool is no longer heated in 2022 and 2023 due to the high energy prices, we have decided not to heat the pool anymore to prevent waste.